Saturday, September 15, 2007

Invest in yourself first


If you have been following this blog since the start and if you are new to investing or if you are working for others, you will probably think I am crazy......"why do I have to invest in myself first"?, you would ask. At the start I talked about "Pay Yourself First", now I want to talk about "Invest in Yourself First". Yes, before plunging yourself into the share market or dumping your hard earned money into some deal which some good sayers told you its a money churning wheel, you have to master the trick of the trade first.

If you are an employee, which majority of us are and if you are still trading time for money, you are on the single line earning power - linear power. Do not be mistaken, I am not against working for others, in fact for the "baby boomers", most of us only know how to earn a living by trading our time for money. We were brought up to "Go to school, get good grades to get a good paying job" and that is the way we are being conditioned. And that is the way the Y Generation are being brought up too. Thats why I am saying "Invest in Yourself First".

Be patient, do not be in a hurry to put your money to work for you. Learn all you can before deciding on what you want to do.

I have kept my postings simple and easy to follow with keywords relating to investing and if you seriously read, take action on the simple to-do steps you will eventually be resetting your mind to be an "investing mind".

No comments: